Monday, January 7, 2008

Puffed-Oven-Plagairism


Photo used without permission from Kelly Shaw

Hey all you Plagiarism attorneys listen up! Here's a lawsuit idea, free of charge: some unsuspecting individual--the original inventor of the 'Puffed Oven Pancake'--is awaiting your ruthless representation. The defendant is my own sister, who shameless published the recipe on her blog...

While the defendant does, admittedly, mention Betty Crocker and Mrs. Fox in her narrative, she neglects to use the words 'adapted from,' or similar, under the title of the recipe. Further, I will put money on the fact that she did not get a signed release from Aunt Jemima for use of said Aunt's likeness.

Considering the 'glove outcome' and recent Seinfeld debate, I definitely think you have a case.

1 comment:

Kellyry said...

Hahahahah! Well, you see, the Betty Crocker recipe that I've used since I discovered it years ago is in my older version of her main cookbook, say 10+ years old. The new cookbook doesn't have this recipe so I looked online for it at the website. I found "Puffed Oven Pancake with Mediterranean Vegetables" or something like that, so I simply omitted the vegetables and used the exact recipe for the puffed pancake. Bring the lawsuit on--I'm worth millions.