Thursday, November 15, 2007

These.




These don't look good on anyone who weighs more than 82 pounds.

No, they do not.

They may be comfortable, warm, cozy and relaxing. And, any of the aforementioned is a legitimate reason to sport this footwear if you are not:
a.) anorexic
b.) wearing them with your nightgown in the privacy of your own home.

In Mike's opinion, you should not be wearing this shoe unless you are an Eskimo killing whales for blubber.

Here's the thing: from a purely functional standpoint (read: comfort), I see the appeal and have myself, seriously wondered whether such footwear could be for me. But there is no way around the fact that they look ridiculous, as already stated, on anyone who doesn't have legs as long and thin as spaghetti.

Yes, this applies to the real Uggs and any other version you might own. If you don't believe me, ask one of your true friends how flattering they are. TRUE FRIENDS. And hey, no one says that you have to stop wearing them. Lucky for us all, comfortable and ridiculous is (apparently) in style.

Just don't fool yourself into thinking that you're 'pulling them off.'
You're just saying 'screw it.'

As my pastor and friend in Denmark once told an American friend, "Joan, you look like you're wearing two puffy loaves of bread on your feet." Bread on your feet may be comfy but sister-- it ain't flattering.

3 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

I couldn't agree more. If you're someone out there reading this right now and thinking they look good on you, you're deluding yourself. And in my opinion, it's the case even if you are 85 pounds and have legs like spaghetti. Whenever I see a really tiny person wearing shoes like these I always think she looks like a little stick person wearing cartoonish Mr. Munster feet or the infamous "cement shoes," ala the kind mob hitmen supposedly put on you before dumping you off a pier to sink to the bottom.

Kellyry said...

Hahaha! Too true, too true.

Anonymous said...

Comfort rules the day! I've had my Uggs for over 20 years - but I took a lot of flack for them when we moved from LA to chicago in '89 (from one of my HS teachers no less!).

Maybe the rules are different for guys or maybe I just don't care but UGGs (granted, short for ugg-ly) are the BEST thing there is for post skiing or winter swim practice.

I get more of a kick out of the fact that it took much of the country (and even hollyweird) over 2 decades to discover them.