Monday, January 12, 2009

Susie Homemaker's 

Favorite Things
January 2009

Tied for First Place: 

1.) Zumba. My new favorite way to dance off stress and fatigue. I LOVE it. Not only is it great exercise, but it's a totally fun way to turn off your brain and shake ya bootie.

1.) Waxed paper bags. Unbleached and compostable, these bags are the green choice and best alternative to regular plastic sandwich & snack baggies (which, in interest of full disclosure we still use when necessary).

But put all that eco stuff aside. The very best thing about them: the delightful, crispy sound and feel the wafer-thin waxy paper makes in your hand. $2.95 for 60. Try 'em, you'll love 'em, I promise.

31FXRWR61CL._SL500_AA250_.jpg



2.) Electrolux Ergo Rapido

It's a stick vacuum so I don't have to choose between leaving oodles of crumbs and fallen food on the floor or getting down my heavy upright (which I still love, by the way) for every little mess. This thing rocks and is available at Costco. 

319072.jpg


3.) My good old crockpot.


It's not even a fancy one. The $19 spent over 5 years ago is worth $millions, in my book. Not only is it a mega time saver, but you can make so many fantastic things in it (and not just WT food, either). Which brings me to.....

4.) Gourmet Slow Cooker I & II

These books are awesome. Even if you don't want to follow the exact recipe, they give great ideas for what's possible for the old girl.


ref=sib_dp_pt.jpg

3 comments:

Kellyry said...

I too love the crockpot. I should use it more even though it makes way more food than I can use and I'm not a huge leftovers person. I should just freeze the extra.

DeniseMarie said...

I have that cookbook, too, though I've yet to make anything out of it. Everything reequires so many ingredients. I keep thinking I'll use it when we have company....but then we never invite anyone over now that you and Kells have moved away.

Phoebe said...

I also love my crockpot AND Zumba. And my mom always used those waxed paper "baggies" when we were kids. She never knew she was so ahead of her time!