Wednesday, August 29, 2007

So Relax Massage

"What exactly is this?" you ask.


Well, let me answer your question with another one: 'can you afford dinner at Chiles?' If so, then you had better make yourself a sandwich at home instead and head straight to your local mall. Your excuses are all gone. This, my friends, is a picture of a very happy man. You might say he is, 'so relax.' As we were walking through the mall this afternoon, M suggested that I get a massage from one of those places right in the middle of the mall. You know the ones that we all hate to pass so we avert our eyes when they beckon kindly, 'free sample?!'

Ever sore and tired, M and I often discuss how we might just save up a million bucks and go get a massage one day. But alas the day does not come.

On the other hand, who in the heck actually pays money to get a massage while their butt sticks out into the middle of the mall and people are walking by?



We do--now. And holy cow we have been missing out, lemme tell ya. 'Cause for about $12 and no appointment, you can walk away a new man or woman. And unlike overpriced spa massages I've tried before, you really get your money's worth because they know you're only there for 10 minutes (or so) and therefore they really get down to business. No chit chat or cheating you out of 15 minutes. No siree. If you can't afford regular spa massages, go get a mall massage. Trust me, you won't regret it. Our only regret is that we haven't done it before now. Heck, the one of us walked around with the baby while the other got the knots and kinks worked out. A whole year full of sorely-needed massages, down the drain.

Mall massage rocks.

3 comments:

Kellyry said...

Ok, ok! Fine! I'll get a massage if you absolutely insist.

DeniseMarie said...

Hahaha. No, me first! Me first! Since it's being forced on us, after all.... I actually just had one of those overpriced 1.5-hour spa massages last Friday, and it was a letdown. She spent what seemed like an hour rubbing my toes and then maybe 5 minutes working on the knots that have been causing me considerable pain for the last three weeks. It was a disappointment, to say the least. Next time, mall massage.

Anonymous said...

Is this when I tell you guys that my bride is starting massage school next week. Thank heavens for homework!!! Lucky me!!