Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Huck-Finn-Be-Gone



Product review: Lansinoh Breastcream

I LOVE going barefoot. Once all danger of rain and snow is gone, there is nothing more disgustingly constricting to me than wearing socks. Yuck. My husband has nicknamed me, 'Huck Finn.'

The down-side of bare feet (for me at least) is heinously dry heels. Not glamorous, no--but it's reality. And nothing has helped--including a daily regiment of pumice stone and maximum-strength heel-cream. Then it occurred to me: Lansinoh breastcream. This stuff is an absolute wonder-product. THE BOMB. Originally meant for the cracked nipples of nursing mothers, I have used it on Audrey's chafed bottom, my dry lips, dry hands and the list goes on. So I tried it on my heels--AMAZING.

Make sure you buy the Lansinoh brand, as not all brands carry 100% pure medical-grade lanolin without preservatives or additives. You can find it in the baby aisle at Target, Walgreen's, etc.

2 comments:

Kellyry said...

After my visit last August where you raved about this stuff I purchased some. I realized, however, that it didn't moisturize for me, it merely acted as a barrier, and actually left my lips feeling more chapped...

I get dry heals too (despite daily scrubbing & moisturizing) though they don't crack, but I'll see if this helps in some way.

DeniseMarie said...

My heels are starting to get that stiff, thick, cracked look and feel that I've come to see as an inevitable summertime annoyance. I, too, exfoliate like a madwoman and slather on the thick callous creams and heel softeners that make my feet look and feel great for, oh, about 18 hours and then they're back to their elephant hide-like texture. After reading these two conflicting reviews I'll have to give it a try for myself.