Thursday, June 14, 2007

Gnome caught with Clafoutti on his face



In case you haven't heard, we've got our own gnome. He's quite sweet, entertaining, and somewhat of a bandit. The other day, we caught him getting into the clafouti whilst we were cleaning up our dinner al fresco. For those who aren't familiar with Cherry Clafouti, it is a traditional French dessert; a vanilla custard/cake-ish dish with whole cherries. The most traditional recipes call for leaving the cherry pits in, as these give the dish an almond flavor. It is an excellent and very light way to end a meal--not overly sweet. If you want a recipe, let me know...



In response to those of you who've asked: no, I haven't been blogging in a while...mainly for the following reasons:

1.) It all started our last week in Skagen when we didn't have a high-speed Internet connection promised in the house we were renting. Blogging went downhill from there, which led to...

2.) Backlogging. There's still so much to tell about our trip, I wasn't quite sure how to just 'go on' from here. Now I've decided that I will follow up on the last parts by inserting blog entries here and there--despite the fact that we are already home.

3.) Jet lag. Was much harder coming back this way than going east-bound.

4.) Unpacking & 12 loads of laundry.

5.) A 10-month, albeit 100% precious baby. Need I say more?

6.) And now the weather is wonderful, so every spare moment has been spent outside in the yard--either working or playing.

2 comments:

Kellyry said...

LOVE THE GNOME! So naughty, that one! I wonder what he'll get into next...

DeniseMarie said...

Welcome home!! I look forward to hearing more about your travels, seeing pictures, etc. Meanwhile I will gladly settle for gnome-mischief updates.