Saturday, May 1, 2010

Message to 3 people.

3 responses.


Last night, after watching 'Lord, save us from your followers!' on Netflix, I was overwhelmed with the urge to name our coming son, Bono.

I mean, seriously: Bono ROCKS. Ok, truth be told I know next to nothing about what he's like as a husband, father, etc. But as an artist? Genius. As a force for change in the world? Social Justice? Philanthropy? Being for the things Christ would be for? Absolutely.

For those of you who don't know, we have really struggled to decide on a boy name. There are lots of 'nice' names but they're either too common, don't sound right with our last name, already used by close family and friends, and so forth. We've got our short list, but just haven't had that 'Yes! This is it!' experience.

So last night, I was thinking what a cool name and namesake Bono would be. Even so, I can't see pulling the trigger on that one but for fun I sent out an email this morning to 3 friends:

Subject line: Found a name.

Body of email: Bono (Jude?) Morris.

Each response was hilariously indicative of the personalities of each of these beloved people. (Responses are in quotes below.)

First, the ever diplomatic but forthright Kelly:
"I dig. Very cool. He's gonna have to have major cool-cojones to wear it, but I think your kid could pull it off."

2nd, blatently frank and hilarious Lindsay:
"No. Try again."

3rd, the ever-supportive and earnest Mish:
"That's awesome!
Yay for finding a name!!!!!"

To say that I love these 3 is a massive understatement.

P.S. On a totally different note: MAJOR stroke of luck today. After getting my haircut, stopped into the Gap where a big sale was happening (not sure why I did this since I am obviously not fitting into normal-sized clothing at this point in time. I think it had something to do with feeling like this was a final moment of freedom, probably for a long while.) Found a super cute $89 sand colored light canvas trench on the sale racks marked down to $6.99. Asked sales lady what was wrong with it since it was marked down so severely. 'Oops!' she says. 'That's supposed to be $69.99!!!' They offered it to me for the marked price. SOLD and MAJOR SCORE!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Free and Living said...

should we nickname audrey, the edge?! love u 2, u know!!!

steve just said, "will the baby come out wearing sunglasses singing, 'it's a beautiful day...don't let it get it away!'"

cuz that would be pretty cool ;)

Kellyry said...

Haha! Funny, our different responses. Bono could have been a cool middle name.

Molly W. said...

I would've wanted to get that email! Well..I guess you'll never know my response! :) (but I guess I do need to stop calling Kellen "Jude" now) :)