Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Don't you wish...


...that you lived right down the street from me so that you could come over and have a piece of this delicious cake that I made just this afternoon?


It's Pioneer Woman's 'Best Chocolate Sheet Cake. Ever.' recipe. It is deeeeelicious. * I left out the nuts on about half of it, adding nuts + coconut for Mike on the rest. It's the kind of cake that you eat hot out of the oven, directly out of the pan with a spoon. No joke.

Baby wanted cake and like Jesus says: if your baby asks you for cake do you give him a vegetable? (Or something to that effect.) Baby has also wanted Lucky Charms lately which, if you know me at all, is against everything I believe in and know to be right with the world. But somehow they just taste sooooo right. And yet, am I walking a very fine line...am I on a slippery slope of hypocrisy since I have to eat them secretly while my daughter sleeps? I'm just not ready to explain why Lucky Charms are like wine or beer. Nutritionally void and not for kids. So until further notice, I sneak a bowl in the office with Mike while she naps...or after she's in bed at night. Man, do I sound like a crazy pregnant woman or what?

3 comments:

Molly W. said...

Yes, I do wish I lived in walking distance, I want that cake!! And I admit it...Lucky Charms are a staple in this house. I was never allowed to have them growing up so, I let my kid have them...what can I say. :)

Kellyry said...

That cake looks so tasty. Nuts & coconut just take away from its goodness.

Phoebe said...

I need to make that cake- need might sound strong, but I believe it to an accurate description!