Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Play-Doh



Audrey and I were playing with Play-Doh this morning and it got me to thinking...



1.) If you're gonna play with Doh on a regular basis, one must keep short fingernails, the way that guitarists do. Also notice PD in hair.


2.) Can anyone tell me why some parents used to make homemade Play-Doh when we were kids? Was it really that much cheaper? or just for the fun of it? As I remember it, the homemade stuff was coarse, stiff and smelled like salt. The real stuff smells really good, as Audrey discovered and kept trying to stick up her nose and eat.



A few other fun pics from recent weeks...

A played in the fountains and road the train at Victoria Gardens on a recently warm day. (For those not familiar with VG, it's a local outdoor mall with all kinds of fun stuff for kids. Alot of people actually come prepared with swimsuits, etc. Not planning ahead, we just did it white-trash style in the wife-beater onesie.)





This little getup was actually Mike's when he was the same age; his mom bought it for him while they were living in England and recently brought Audrey home in it after she watched her. Quite a shock to meet one's little toddler at the door dressed in knitted knickers.



More details on Portland forthcoming, I promise; we are awaiting some vital confirmation on a few things.

6 comments:

DeniseMarie said...

Crudcakes. Here I am at work feeling sorry for myself that I'm so bored and uninspired at this job and praying that God would work some giant miracle so that we can move out of the hell hole otherwise known as LA now instead of waiting for another year or so, and I log onto your blog and see that you're.....playing with Play Doh this morning. This makes me want to get impregnated ASAP so that I, too, can be in my PJs at 9:30 on a Tuesday morning with Play Doh in my hair. Arg. Also, I recall that the homemade doh also stained your hands because of the food coloring. The real stuff is so much better.

b said...

Yes, well like a flight attendant's life (help me out here, Laur), it's not as glamorous as it appears. But it does have it's perks.

b said...

And at our house, we hardly ever got to play with Play-Doh because it was 'such a mess' and required a drop-cloth, etc. So yeah, you get to do stuff you wanted to do as a kid.

Next thing you know I'll be buying an Easy Bake Oven for 'Audrey.'

Molly W. said...

Cute pics Brandi! Love that last one of Audrey sporting the duds. :)

Kellyry said...

Mmmmm...I love the smell of Play-Doh.

Also diggin' the white-trash-onesie look! That girl's got great legs!

Kellyry said...

PS. A is really talented at that Play-Doh stuff! ;-P