Monday, June 2, 2008

Have you ever...



...seen anything more adorable or hilarious?



Audrey and mommy went shopping for her first bike helmet and, according to the salesperson, she was unusually good and cooperative in the buying process (unlike her mommy with clausterphobic tendencies who kept wanting a bigger helmet with a looser chin-strap, which apparently goes against what's safe; i detest anything even slightly constricting around my neck and chin. All those biking years in Denmark, I never wore one, but then again hardly any girls did, so as to avoid 'hat hair' and such. But, now, i must set a good example (argh) so my girl's cranium will be protected. )



She loves her new bike helmet so much that she wants to eat with it on.



I let her pick the color and will confess to trying to talk her out of the pink options. Despite my attempts to be nonchalant about the matter, I ended up exercising mommy-veto-power by nixing the ' Girly Doggy Glamour' helmet, and let her get the pink bunnies instead. Gag. But ok.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fun! Fun! Sounds vaguely familiar - the love of the helmet when it was new. Don't worry, that goes away.

Enjoy!

Kellyry said...

This post makes me laugh on so many levels (A wanting the girly power and you not; her wearing it to eat in; her fabulous outfit complete with silver shoes; that 2nd side profile shot where she looks like she's standing SO still; and lots more). Great start to hump day!

PS. So do we get to see YOUR new bike helmet?

Molly W. said...

That is hilarious! I love that she is eating with it on!

Anonymous said...

I bet even Audrey's "helmet hair" will be cute! What a doll she is with the saleslady......very grown-up!

Anonymous said...

Soooooo funny!...She cracks me up in that helmet! She is lookin all grown up...(Minus the pink bunnies!) haha! Give her a big hug and kiss for me! =)

Bay said...

Audrey looked so cute
well at least she likes the helmet, cause I never want to wear mine
so cute
shes growing up to fast
love you guys and miss lots

Anonymous said...

uhhh.. so u used veto-power against the pink/girly power! Ha ha! the problem is that even though we want our girls to be so "progressive", liberated and not to fall in the gender-trap... small girls LOVE pink and girly things! I can already see that with my 5 month old Malou!!

I support you in your power act! ;o)